orks are now complete and Brixton Triangle Arches where Spence have undertaken an extensive £5m refurbishment of the viaduct, creating new and enhanced retail space in Brixton.
The renovation included the units within the arches and the space between the arches, creating a new thoroughfare with kiosk units between Brixton Road and Atlantic Road. The kiosks in the existing thoroughfare were also refurbished.
A full list of works is outlined as follows:
- Removal of the shop fronts;
- Break out of the arch slabs;
- Internal/external drainage;
- M&E utility services;
- Pouring of the new arch slabs;
- Brick and block partitions;
- Arch infill / steel frame work and glazing;
- Arch lining;
- Glazed shop fronts with roller shutters;
- New M&E services.