Works included the refurbishment of both the interior and exterior of the station with the project aiming to to improve the ambience of the station with renovation works to the entrances and ticket hall area and new external cladding.
The project targeted aesthetic improvements to maximise customer benefit through:
- New LED external lighting;
- Improvement to the aesthetics to entrances and enhancement to the station’s street prescience and signage;
- VE Paneling to the exterior;
- Cleaning to outside windows;
- Integration with other regeneration projects in the surrounding area;
- General aesthetics improvements to the external station including cleaning concrete walls;
- Pigeon netting;
- Replacing the existing ticket hall barrier;
- Staircase overhaul.